Syam K Ravindran || What You Need to Know About Trauma and How to Manage It – Ep. 03
Ankit Narasimhan is a software engineer by day and a stellar podcast host by night. In his spare...
Click here to know more
In this episode, we talk to Syam K Ravindran, a clinical psychologist, trauma-informed therapist and Assistant Professor at Manipal Institute of Higher Education.
We believe it’s possible to heal. And heal not to become what they were, probably to even become better than what they were.
- Understanding and defining what trauma really is
- How to distinguish trauma from an unpleasant experience
- What it means to be trauma-informed
- Exploring the mind-body connection in trauma
- What are some of the tools that make transformation and healing possible
- The current landscape of trauma treatment in India
- What is EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) and how it works in treating trauma
- How to approach a situation in which your loved ones have been through a traumatic experience
- The current state of mental health treatment in India
Syam is a member of the International Society for Traumatic Stress Studies, International Association of Trauma Professionals, and is a part of the Trauma Recovery Network of Humanitarian Assistance Programs.
Connect with Syam
What’s the biggest takeaway from this episode for you? Write in and tell us – firstname.lastname@example.org
Enjoying our podcasts? Listen to more episodes on Spotify, Gaana, and other platforms of your choice.
Visit www.myndstories.com for all the guidance you need on your mental health journey.
Find us on Instagram
*Disclaimer – The content in this podcast is only for educational purposes. It cannot be considered as individual therapy advice or counseling and is not to be taken as medical or mental health advice.