About MyndStories Spaces
Spaces provides community and group support for adults, facilitated by culturally competent,
diverse, licensed therapists. Our Spaces are unique in that they can range from sessions on issues we all
face, such as grief or anxiety, to general well-being sessions on work-life balance or emotional communication.
But what’s important is that Spaces offers listeners the freedom to be heard. We started Spaces to provide accessibility and inclusivity to those who may not be able to afford individual therapy but still seek the support of a group of community.
With Covid-19, we are in a strange phase of being hyper-connected but hyper-isolated. We share more. But speak less. We are wrapped in worries and anxieties, wondering more about the future than we ever had in the past.
As physical interactions ebb and flow with this pandemic, we seek connection. The intimacy of communication. We seek understanding. We want warmth. We want a space to grow, be heard, and share.
That’s why we wanted to create Spaces. We created MyndStories to offer what, as founders, we felt we didn’t have: a safe space for those connections. And today, we ask you to join us if you feel you share the same desire and passion for making mental health more accessible and inclusive.
About Spaces Facilitators
About Spaces Facilitators
At MyndStories, we seek independently licensed therapists who have a passion for and experience
with group work. Please note that Spaces would be a complement to your current practice. You can
choose the sort of group you want to facilitate and how many sessions you want to have. Usually,
most of our facilitators start off with one or two group topics they are most comfortable with.
If you are with us here still, this is what you may be expected to do as an independent consulting facilitator for MyndStories Spaces:
- Facilitate weekly, bimonthly, or monthly group support sessions for adults from a specific community and/or on a specific topic in which you have experience, knowledge, and training.
- Be proactive in informing us if there is any crisis in a session
- Participate in a brief post Spaces facilitator form
- Attend one or two calls with a MyndStories member to ease you through the process
At no stage is this to be considered as employment. This is based on individual group sessions or topics. You will be compensated at your base rate + more depending on how the group shapes up.
- Master’s or doctoral degree in social work, marriage and family therapy, professional counseling, clinical psychology, counseling psychology, or a similar field
- Working as a therapist
- Any kind of working group sessions experience would be ideal
- Minimum 1-year experience
- Experience providing services via video
- Reliable internet access and a laptop or desktop computer with a camera
- You are comfortable providing group support to a group of 2 to 14 adults
- You are open to the idea of using technology to facilitate a support group
- You are a quick learner
- You are already comfortable using technology tools such as Zoom. We will provide you with the infrastructure from our end.
- You have a professional setting/background from which to facilitate group sessions
- You are interested in ongoing training, feedback, and professional growth
- You are willing to grow with a startup company and bear with our imperfections
- You possess strong interpersonal skills
- You connect with others quickly
- You enjoy working with a diverse group of people
- You have a passion for working with a specific niche, type of client base, or subject matter
If you are passionate about mental health, creating connections, and the power of humanity,
– come join us!
As a Spaces facilitator, you get to participate in professional development
opportunities, connect with other passionate facilitators, create impactful
sessions, and lead the way to make mental healthcare more accessible
and affordable for Indians.
This is an independent consultant position and does not include healthcare or paid leave.
At MyndStories, we do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.